We are implementing sound CSR practices; this means that we:
- Obey the laws of the countries of operation, and go beyond them whenever ethical judgment requires, with respect to Forest management; Labour and Welfare; Health and Safety and the Environment
- Respect other parties' tenure and use rights
- Do not use or introduce Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)
- Are not involved in illegal logging or the trade of illegal forest products
- Comply with independently produced environmental management plans ensuring biodiversity and productivity of the forest is maintained
Comply with the requirements of The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)
- Ensure all relevant royalties and taxes are paid
- Invest in community development projects such as schools and civic infrastructure projects
- Recruit and train local people in long term skilled employment
Forest Stewardship Council Certification
FSC Certification is one of the highest accolades in the recognition of sustainable forestry and we are currently working to gain our accreditation for 100% of our forests.
GLOBAL G.A.P. is the internationally recognized standard for farm production and is the most widely accepted private sector food safety certification in the world.
The company is in the process is acquiring GLOBAL G.A.P. Certification, which covers all stages of production, from pre-harvest activities such as soil management and plant protection product application to post-harvest produce handling, packing and storing.