At Obtala, we take our Corporate Responsibility very seriously. We firmly believe that we can only expect the high standards of work and commitment from our workforce if we, in return, provide them with a healthy and safe environment – not just at work but also in their home lives and communities.
We focus on regenerating rural areas by providing employment and training, infrastructure, schools, health and other community developments
There is a strong focus on working with local communities to deliver positive, socially impactful outcomes in these areas:
- Sustainable timber and farming waste reduction
- Charity and social business / enterprise support
- Community participation and connectivity
- Healthy living land conservation
- Workers health, safety and welfare
- Environment and biodiversity
- Community consultation
- Equal opportunities employment policy
We have secured the Global GAP certification, which deals with all areas of production including workers’ health, safety and welfare, as well as animal welfare.